To sign up for TSA Precheck with Delta, you’ll need to fill out an online application, pay an $85 application fee, and make an appointment for a 10-minute in-person background check. Once you’ve completed all three steps, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of TSA Precheck when traveling with Delta.
Let’s dig into it and see what we can learn.
- TSA PreCheck is a Trusted Traveler Program that allows US citizens, nationals, and legal permanent residents to expedite the process of getting through airport security. To apply, you must fill out an application and pay a fee. Once approved, you will be issued a Known Traveler Number (KTN). When going through airport security, you will be able to use the PreCheck lane and will not need to remove your shoes, belt, or jacket, or put your 3-1-1 liquids in a separate bin.
- To sign up for TSA PreCheck with Delta, you will need to fill out an application and pay a fee of $85. Once you have been approved, you will be issued a Known Traveler Number (KTN). When you arrive at the airport, you will use the KTN to access the PreCheck lane at security.
- The benefits of TSA PreCheck include not having to remove shoes, belts, 3-1-1 liquids, laptops, or light jackets when going through airport security, which can save a significant amount of time.
- To get TSA PreCheck with Delta, you need to submit an online application and schedule an in-person appointment that includes a background check and fingerprinting. There is an $85 application fee for TSA PreCheck, but it is good for 5 years. If you are already a Global Entry, NEXUS, or SENTRI member, you do not need to apply for TSA PreCheck.
- For frequent travelers, TSA Precheck is definitely worth the $85 fee. However, for those who only take a few trips per year, it may not be worth it.
Can I Add My Tsa Precheck To An Existing Reservation Delta?
Yes, you can add your TSA Precheck number to an existing reservation with Delta. To do so, simply find your reservation on Delta’s website and update your passenger details to include your Precheck number.
How Do I Add Tsa Precheck To My Account?
If you want to add TSA Precheck to your existing United reservation, you can do so through the “Edit traveler information” option in Manage Reservations. You can also add your KTN (Known Traveler Number) at an airport kiosk or in the United app. If you add your KTN after checking in, you’ll need to reprint your boarding pass or pull it up on the United app.
Can I Add Tsa Precheck If I Already Bought Tickets?
Yes, you can add TSA Precheck to an existing reservation. Most airlines allow you to do this by managing your reservation online, but you can also do it by phone.
Does Delta Skymiles Offer Tsa Precheck?
Yes, Delta SkyMiles offers TSA PreCheck to its Reserve American Express Cardholders. To be eligible, cardholders must apply for TSA PreCheck through an Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, cardholders will receive access to TSA PreCheck at no additional charge.
- When Can I Expect To Receive A Response To My Tsa Precheck Application?: The goal of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is to provide a response to applicants for TSA Precheck within 60 days of receiving the information needed to process the request. In some cases, such as when additional information is needed, the process may take longer.
- Why Isn’T Tsa Precheck On My Boarding Pass?: There are a few things you can do if you don’t have a TSA PreCheck indicator on your boarding pass. You can call the TSA Contact Center at (866) 289-9673, submit an online form, or take your boarding pass back to the airline check-in counter and ask an agent to add PreCheck to your ticket.
- What Is The Process For Signing Up For Tsa Precheck With Delta?: To sign up for TSA Precheck with Delta, customers in Detroit can use their passport number and TSA Precheck or Global Entry membership as a digital ID. New facial recognition-enabled experience in Atlanta provides hands- and device-free convenience for travelers from curb to gate. After you’re approved for Global Entry, you will also receive TSA Pre✓ as well. If you don’t have a Delta SkyMiles account or are not logged in, you can add your Known Traveler Number manually during the booking process when prompted. Find more information at Delta.com.
- What Is The Difference Between Global Entry And Tsa Precheck?: The main difference between Global Entry and TSA Precheck is the cost. Global Entry costs $15 more than TSA Precheck. However, for international travelers, Global Entry can definitely be worth the extra cost.
If you want to avoid the long lines at airport security, then you should sign up for TSA Precheck with Delta. This program allows you to go through a special security line that is faster and easier. You can sign up for TSA Precheck by filling out an application on the Delta website.