The average TSA (Transportation Security Administration) salary ranges from $30,000 per year for a Learning and Development Officer to $173,190 for a Senior Executive Service (SES) position. The average hourly pay for a TSA job in the US is $26.07, and it ranges from $12.74 to $44.71 per hour.
The lowest-paying job at TSA is a Security Officer with a salary of $39,691 per year. However, TSA employees are eligible for a number of benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, and retirement benefits. The mean annual pay for TSA agents is $40,160 or $19.31 per hour, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2016.
Let’s dig into it and see where it takes us.
- The average hourly pay for a TSA officer in the United States is $26.07.
- The average TSA officer salary in the United States is $26.07 per hour.
- The median salary for a TSA officer is $44,580 per year, which is lower than the median salaries for other federal government positions, such as border patrol agents ($52,390) and air marshals ($98,380). However, TSA officers do not require the same level of training or experience as these other positions.
- To become a TSA officer, you will need to find a job opportunity announcement (JOA), create a USAJOBS profile, and complete computer-based testing (CBT) and a medical exam. You will also be fingerprinted and undergo a background check. If you are found to be qualified, you will be hired as a TSA officer.
- The duties of a TSO include enforcing TSA rules and regulations, screening passengers and baggage, performing random bag checks, and using X-ray machines to scan checked luggage.
What Is The Top Pay For A Tsa Agent?
The top pay for a TSA agent in the United States is $173,190 per year. TSA agents are responsible for ensuring the security of transportation systems and passengers, and they work in a variety of settings, including airports, seaports, and railway stations.
How Long Does It Take To Get Hired At Tsa?
The TSO hiring process generally takes about 90 days from start to finish. However, this can vary depending on the individual and the specific circumstances involved. Review the process below to get a better idea of what to expect, and ensure you’re prepared every step of the way. Download a helpful application tip sheet here How to Apply Application Guide.
Is It Worth Becoming A Tsa Agent?
There are many reasons to become a TSA agent, but the most important one is that it can help keep air travel safe. As a TSO, you will be responsible for screening passengers and baggage, and for providing security at airports. This is a vital role, and one that comes with great responsibility. If you are up for the challenge, then a career as a TSA agent is definitely worth considering.
How Long Is Tsa Training In Georgia?
According to the information provided, new hires for the TSA will attend a training program at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco, Georgia. This training program will last for nine days, and will include eight classes of 24 students, with three instructors.
How Much Does A Tsa Agent Make An Hour?
The average hourly pay for a TSA job in the United States is $26.07.
How Much Does Tsa Make In Texas?
The average salary for a TSO in Texas is $24,491 per year. TSOs can earn up to $59,425 per year under the TSA’s SV grading system.
How Much Does A Tsa Agent Make In New York?
The average annual salary for a TSA agent in New York is $58812.
- What Are The Salaries And Benefits Of Tsa Employees?: TSA employees are automatically enrolled in the Basic plan, which provides coverage for their annual salary plus $2,000. In addition to the Basic coverage, employees may elect to enroll in the Standard plan, which provides additional coverage for things like dental and vision care. Both plans are provided at no cost to the employee.
TSA employees are also eligible for a variety of other benefits, including annual and sick leave, health insurance, and a retirement plan. The retirement plan (FERS) is a three-tiered plan that includes Social Security benefits, a Basic Benefit Plan, and a Thrift Savings Plan. Employees are eligible to participate in the TSA Precheck program, which offers expedited screening at no additional cost.
Congress is currently considering a bill that would bring TSA employees’ pay and benefits in line with other federal employees. If passed, this would provide a significant raise and improve benefits for TSA employees.
Tsa officers make a median salary of $35,000. However, experience and location can affect this number. For example, tsa officers in New York City make a median salary of $45,000 while those in Los Angeles make a median salary of $41,000. The bottom 10% of tsa officers make less than $26,000 while the top 10% make more than $51,000.
So, how much does a tsa officer make? It depends on a number of factors, but the median salary is $35,000.