The benefits that TSA agents receive are very competitive. They offer annual and sick leave, as well as health benefits and so much more. The mean annual pay for TSA agents is $40,160 or $19.31 per hour, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2016. This is a very attractive salary for the work that TSA agents do. The benefits are top notch, but taking leave is almost impossible on short notice. The salary is extremely low for the work you do. There is potential to make more money in other federal agencies. However, the benefits are still very good.
Let’s dig into it and see if we can find a solution.
- In order to become a TSA agent, you must be a United States citizen and at least 18 years old. You must also possess a high school diploma.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the mean annual pay for TSA agents is $40,160, or $19.31 per hour.
- The hours of a TSA agent vary depending on the airport they are working at and the shift they are on, but most agents work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Some benefits that TSA agents receive include free travel benefits, health insurance, and retirement benefits.
- The training program for TSA agents is very comprehensive and includes both classroom and hands-on instruction. Agents are required to complete an 80-hour training program that focuses on official standard operating procedures and threat detection.
- The duties of a Transportation Security Officer (TSO) include screening passengers, bags, and cargo for prohibited and dangerous items, operating security equipment such as x-ray machines and metal detectors, and providing customer service. TSOs also receive competitive benefits such as salary, paid vacation and sick leave, health and life insurance, and retirement benefits.
Do Tsa Agents Get Free Travel?
No, TSA agents do not get free travel. In fact, accepting any sort of gift could be grounds for termination. The only exception is if the agent has a friend or family member who is an airline employee.
Do Tsa Agents Get A Pension?
Yes, TSA agents get a pension. TSA offers retirement benefits at three levels: Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) Social Security. Thrift Saving Plans (TSP).
Do Tsa Workers Get Flight Benefits?
No, TSA workers are not eligible for flight benefits. Only employees of airlines are eligible for discounts on flights.
What Is The Top Pay For A Tsa Agent?
The top pay for a TSA agent in the United States is $173,190 per year. This salary is for an Attorney position within the TSA. Salaries for other positions within the TSA range from $30,000 per year for a Learning and Development Officer up to the top salary of $173,190 per year for an Attorney.
What Are The Average Salary And Benefits For A Tsa Agent?
The average salary for a TSA agent is $40,160 per year, with benefits including health care, retirement, and vacation.
What Are The Benefits Of Tsa Precheck?
The benefits of TSA PreCheck include dedicated security lanes, lower application fees, and more locations where you can be screened. With a PreCheck boarding pass, you don’t have to remove as many items from your carry-on bag, which can save time and hassle.
Do Tsa Agents Get Free Or Discounted Airfare?
TSA agents do not receive free or discounted airfare.
- How Much Do Tsa Agents Make?: The average annual salary for a TSA agent is $40,160, or $19.31 per hour.
- What Are The Tsa Retirement Health Benefits?: The TSA offers a retirement savings and investment plan called the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), which is available to TSA employees, retirees, and their family members. The TSP supplements your FERS benefits.
The TSA also offers a variety of health benefits programs, including healthcare, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, and long term care. These programs are available to all DHS employees, including TSA employees.
- What Are The Tsa Retirement Benefits?: The TSA offers several retirement benefits, including the Thrift Savings Plan, the 403(b) plan, and the Federal Employees Retirement System. These benefits provide income from three different sources: a Basic Benefit Plan, Social Security, and the Thrift Savings Plan. TSA also offers competitive benefits such as annual and sick leave, health benefits, and paid maternity and paternity leave.
- How Often Does Tsa Get Paid?: The TSA gets paid every two weeks. The hourly starting pay is $19.07, and pay bands range from $18,941 to $36,924, depending on experience and location. New hires also receive a $1000 sign-on bonus.
- Do Part-Time Tsa Employees Get Benefits?: Yes, part-time TSA employees do receive benefits, including paid training, annual and sick leave, and health care plans. The health and dental benefits start after an employee is hired.
The benefits of being a TSA agent are many, ranging from job security to good pay and benefits. But the best part of the job is the satisfaction of keeping the flying public safe.