We all know the feeling of standing in front of an overflowing, crammed closet, unsure of where to even start. It can be frustrating and overwhelming trying to find an outfit when your clothes are in disarray. This guide will help you get your closet organized so you can easily find what you’re looking for and get dressed with ease. You’ll learn what order to hang clothes in your closet so you can make the most of your space.
So, what order do you hang clothes in closet?
When returning clothing to the closet, section garments by type, then by color. This way, you can always easily see what you have. Hang pants, jackets, button-front shirts, dresses, and skirts. T-shirts, pajamas, sweaters, yoga wear and underthings should be folded and put in dresser drawers, on shelves, or in bins.
Let’s dig into it and see if we can solve the mystery.
- To declutter and organize your closet, start by getting rid of clothes that you don’t wear anymore, that are out of style, or that no longer fit. Utilize other space in your house for storage, and use storage to declutter or move items out of the house. Put a dresser in your closet and face all of the items in the same direction to create a streamlined look. Empty your closet and give it a good cleaning, including the corners and the floor. Declutter your clothes, shoes, and accessories, and assess storage solutions. Finally, replace and organize your clothes.
- The best way to hang clothes in a closet depends on the amount of space you have and the types of clothes you need to hang. If you have a lot of space, hanging all clothes in one direction with hangers all facing the same way keeps things looking neat and organized. If you don’t have a lot of space, try hanging some clothes in one direction and some in the other direction, or hanging some clothes with hangers facing one way and some with hangers facing the other way. Organize clothes in a way that makes sense for you and that will make it easy for you to find what you’re looking for.
- There are a few ways to maximize space in your closet. Using slim hangers, going vertical with storage, having a daily shoe drop, and thinking long term are all great ways to do this.
- There are a few things you can do to keep your clothes from wrinkling in your closet: hang them up only when they’re dry and cool, use hangers whenever possible, smooth out wrinkles with your hands as you remove clothes from the hanger, and keep your closet organized and tidy.
- To organize your closet, start by purging any clothes that you don’t wear or that don’t fit. Utilize other space in your home for storage, and consider using a dresser in your closet to help keep things organized.
What Order Should You Put Your Clothes In Your Closet?
The best way to organize your clothes in your closet is by item, then style, length, and color. This way, you can see everything clearly and easily find what you’re looking for. For shoes, organize them by style, color, and height.
What Is The Best Way To Organize Hanging Clothes?
There are a few different ways that you can organize your hanging clothes, but one of the best ways is to hang all of your hangers and clothes in the same direction. This will help you to quickly identify which items you wear the most often, as you can simply turn the hanger the other way once you’ve worn something. By the end of the season, you should be able to easily see which items were worn frequently and which ones didn’t get much use. This can help you to make better choices when shopping for new clothes in the future.
How Does Marie Kondo Organize Hanging Clothes?
Marie Kondo arranges hanging clothes so that they rise to the right, with heavy items on the left side and light items on the right. She believes that this configuration makes people feel more at peace, and also makes clothes look more stimulating.
What Order Should Colors Go In Closet?
There are a few different ways that you could go about organizing your closet by color, but one of the most popular and easiest to remember is ROYGBIV – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. This method is great because it provides a clear contrast between each color group, making it easy to find what you’re looking for. Plus, it’s just fun to say!
There you have it! The best way to organize your closet for maximum efficiency and style. Now go forth and conquer your closet!