When you’re planning a trip abroad, the last thing you want to worry about is how you’re going to get your luggage to your destination. Shipping your luggage internationally can be a hassle, but with the help of Luggage Forward, it doesn’t have to be. We’ll take care of all the customs paperwork for you and make sure your bags arrive safe and sound.
So, can you ship luggage internationally?
Yes, you can ship luggage internationally, but your bags will need to clear Customs in the destination country. Luggage Forward’s team of international shipping experts will submit all of the country-specific documentation on your behalf and oversee the entire Customs process once your luggage is in transit.
Let’s dig into it and see if we can find a solution.
- The restrictions for shipping luggage internationally vary by country. In most cases, the maximum dimensions for a suitcase are 62 inches (length + width + height) and the maximum weight is 50 lbs. Additionally, any bag over 70 lbs will incur an overweight fee. When shipping your suitcase with DHL directly, you will have to comply with the rules of the local DHL branch you are booking with. In most cases, bags of up to 70 lbs are allowed, but please check with your local DHL branch for their specific requirements.
- There are a few different ways to ship luggage internationally. You can use a courier service like FedEx or UPS, or you can use a specialty service like Luggage Free. When using a courier service, you’ll need to pack your luggage as you normally would and then arrange for pickup. The courier will then transport your luggage to your destination. This is a convenient option if you’re only shipping a few items. If you’re looking to ship a larger amount of luggage, or if you have special requirements, you may want to use a specialty service like Luggage Free. With Luggage Free, you can ship your luggage ahead of time to your destination, which can save you time and hassle at the airport. No matter which method you choose, be sure to pack your luggage carefully to avoid damage during transit.
- The cost of shipping luggage internationally can vary depending on the size and weight of your luggage, the shipping method you choose, and the destination country. However, there are a few general tips you can follow to help keep costs down, such as shipping using a service that offers flat rate pricing, consolidating multiple items into one shipment, and researching the customs regulations for your destination country.
- It can take a few days to a few weeks to ship luggage internationally, depending on the distance and shipping method.
- The risks associated with shipping luggage internationally include the possibility of your luggage being lost or damaged in transit, delayed in transit, inspected by customs officials, or stolen.
What Is The Best Way To Ship Luggage Internationally?
The best way to ship luggage internationally is to use a courier service like FedEx, UPS, USPS, or DHL.
What Is The Cheapest Way To Ship Luggage Internationally?
The cheapest way to ship luggage internationally is by using a courier service or the USPS First-Class Package International Service.
What Are The Dimensions For Dhl Luggage Shipping?
There are a few dimensions to consider when shipping luggage with DHL. The size of the box you’ll need to choose will depend on the shipment. A variety of box sizes are available. You’ll also need to provide a DHL account number for payment. Your shipment may be subject to search by customs officials.
- What Are The Requirements For Shipping Luggage Internationally With Fedex?: To ship luggage internationally with FedEx, customers must determine the weight and dimensions of their shipment. FedEx allows shipments of up to 68 kg on international routes. However, customers should be aware that each shipment’s required customs documents differ based on origin, destination and the commodity being shipped. Use FedEx International Shipping Assist to make sure all required documents are in order.
- How Much Does It Cost To Ship Luggage Internationally With Dhl?: It costs $30 to ship luggage internationally with DHL using Luggage To Ship.
- What Is The Best Luggage Shipping Service?: There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on your individual needs. Some things to keep in mind when choosing a luggage shipping service include the price, the company’s reputation, the type of service offered, and the destination. It is also important to make sure that the company you choose offers insurance in case your luggage is lost or damaged.
- What Is The Cheapest Way To Ship Luggage Domestically In The Usa?: The cheapest way to ship luggage domestically in the USA is through ShipGo.
If you’re looking to ship luggage internationally, Luggage Forward is the company you want to work with. With over a decade of experience, they are the experts in international luggage shipping.