If you’ve been wondering whether your American Express Gold Card comes with TSA Precheck, the answer is yes! You can enjoy the benefits of a faster, more convenient travel experience when you use your card to cover the application fee for Global Entry or TSA Pre.
So, does amex gold have tsa precheck?
No, the American Express Gold Card does not include TSA PreCheck. However, cardholders can receive a credit toward the application fee for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck if they are also members of Marriott Bonvoy.
Let’s dig into it and see if we can get to the bottom of it.
- You can use your American Express Gold Card to get TSA PreCheck by charging the application fee to your card and then submitting your receipt to American Express. Once your application is approved, you’ll receive a statement credit for the full amount of the fee.
- The American Express Gold card offers a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit. This benefit can be used every 4 years or 4.5 years, respectively, and can save you time and money when traveling.
- If you have the American Express Gold card, you can use it to cover the cost of TSA PreCheck. You can receive a statement credit of up to $85 for the TSA PreCheck application fee every 4.5 years. This benefit is available to both primary and authorized cardholders. To take advantage of this benefit, charge the application fee to your Amex Gold card and then follow the instructions on the statement credit form to receive your reimbursement.
- The cost of TSA Precheck with Amex Gold may be eligible for a statement credit every 4.5 years. You’ll need to contact the TSA directly to see if you qualify.
- The Amex Gold card comes with a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck every four years, which can save you money on your travel expenses. However, this benefit is only available to authorized users of the card, and the Amex Platinum card comes with a similar benefit.
How Do You Get Tsa Precheck For Free?
There are a few ways to get TSA PreCheck for free. One is by carrying an eligible credit card. Dozens of credit cards reimburse the TSA PreCheck or Global Entry application fee if you use that card to pay upfront. Another way to get TSA PreCheck for free is by signing up for a frequent flyer program with an airline that partners with the TSA. For example, Delta Air Lines offers free TSA PreCheck to its SkyMiles members.
How Does The Amex Tsa Precheck Work?
To receive the TSA PreCheck statement credit of up to $85, a Card Member must pay for the TSA PreCheck application fee through any Authorized Enrollment Provider with their eligible Card. Additional Cards on eligible Consumer and Business Card accounts are also eligible for the statement credit of up to $85.
Do You Get Lounge Access With Amex Gold?
No, the Amex Gold card does not offer any complimentary airport lounge access. If you want to enjoy this benefit, you’ll need to upgrade to the Amex Platinum card.
Does Amex Gold Give Free Clear?
Yes, American Express Gold cardholders are currently eligible for a 100% return on clear membership, up to $179. To receive the credit, cardholders must enroll their Amex Gold card by Oct. 30, 2021.
What Is The Tsa Precheck Program?
The TSA PreCheck program is a security screening program that allows eligible travelers to receive expedited screening when departing from the United States.
How Does One Go About Applying For Global Entry?
To apply for a Global Entry card, you must create a Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) account and complete the online application. The application process includes a background check and interview, and you will need to pay a $100 fee.
How Do I Sign Up For Tsa Precheck With My American Express Platinum Card?
To sign up for TSA Precheck with your American Express Platinum card, you must enroll your card for the benefit and then use it to pay the application or renewal fee. The credit is valid for either program every four years.
- How Long Does It Take To Get Tsa Precheck?: It usually takes 3-5 days to get TSA PreCheck, but some applications can take up to 60 days. Applicants must complete an online application and schedule an in-person appointment at one of the nearly 400 enrollment centers nationwide. The online application takes around 15 minutes to complete and asks for detailed information, including employment history and residences for the past five years.
- How Does The Amex Gold Global Entry Program Work?: The Amex Gold Global Entry program allows cardholders to receive a statement credit for the first Global Entry or TSA PreCheck program to which they apply and pay for with their eligible card.
- How Do I Get Global Entry With My American Express Card?: To get the American Express Global Entry benefit, you must be a cardholder of an eligible American Express card. The benefit is a statement credit for the $100 application fee charged by the Global Entry program, and can be used once every four years.
- What Is The Difference Between Global Entry And Tsa Precheck?: The main difference between Global Entry and TSA PreCheck is that Global Entry includes TSA PreCheck benefits.
So there you have it! Amex Gold Members definitely have access to TSA Precheck, so make sure to take advantage of that the next time you travel!