As a user, you may be wondering how much TSA agents make. You may be considering a career change and want to know if TSA is the right fit for you. This article will provide you with an overview of the average pay for TSA agents in the United States.
So, how much do tsa agents make?
The average hourly pay for a TSA job in the United States is $26.07 and it ranges from $12.74 to $44.71 per month. The median salary for Tsa Screeners in the United States is $52,938. The average TSA (Transportation Security Administration) salary ranges from approximately $30,000 per year for Learning and Development Officer to $173,190 per year. The mean annual pay for TSA agents is $40,160 or $19.31 per hour, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2016. An attractive benefits package may be offered to TSA employees. The hiring process at the TSA includes pay band ranges for 2021 which are E: $32,167 to $48,308; F: $36,914 to $55,431; G: $43,207 to $66,943; and H: $52,700 to $81,662. Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) are the face of the agency, the people on the front lines and the most important role at TSA. For many people, the TSA is their first point of contact with the United States government.
Let’s dig into it and see what secrets it holds.
- The salary for a TSA agent is on par with other federal law enforcement salaries. In addition to base salary, agents may be eligible for locality pay. The average salary for a TSA agent is $52,000, while the median salary for a federal law enforcement officer is $63,000.
- The average TSA agent salary is $30,000 per year, which is comparable to other transportation security officer salaries. TSA agents may also receive additional pay in the form of bonuses, stock, commissions, profit sharing, or tips.
- To become a TSA agent, you must have at least a high school diploma or GED, be a US citizen, and be at least 18 years old. You must also be able to pass a background check and drug test, as well as complete a training program.
- The job outlook for TSA agents looks promising, as the industry is projected to grow 2.6 percent between 2016 and 2026. Job openings for TSA agents will vary depending on the airport, but there are many opportunities for advancement within the agency.
- The benefits of working as a TSA agent include the Thrift Savings Plan, paid training, health insurance, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, and long-term care insurance. TSA agents also have the opportunity to travel for free or at a reduced rate on many airlines.
What Is The Top Pay For A Tsa Agent?
The average salary for a TSA agent ranges from $30,000 to $173,190 per year, depending on their position and location. The highest-paid TSA agents are typically those who work in larger airports or in management positions.
Is It Worth Becoming A Tsa Agent?
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is responsible for ensuring the safety of air travel in the United States. TSA agents, also known as Transportation Security Officers (TSOs), play a vital role in this mission.
Becoming a TSA agent can be a great career choice for those interested in a position that offers good benefits, such as health care and retirement. TSA agents also have the opportunity to work alongside a diverse and inclusive team. If you are interested in a career in air travel security, the TSO position is a great first step.
How Much Does Tsa Make In Houston Tx?
As of October 2, 2022, the average annual pay for a TSA job in Houston, Texas is $52,329. This figure is based on the average annual salary for all TSA jobs in Houston as reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Are Tsa Agents Underpaid?
There is no simple answer to the question of whether TSA agents are underpaid. On the one hand, TSA agents are paid less than their counterparts at other federal agencies, which can make it difficult to attract and retain qualified personnel. On the other hand, TSA agents receive a number of benefits that other federal employees do not, such as free travel privileges. Ultimately, whether TSA agents are underpaid depends on each individual’s circumstances and preferences.
How Much Do Tsa Agents Make An Hour?
The average hourly pay for a TSA job in the United States is $26.07.
How Much Do Tsa Agents Make In Ny?
The average annual salary for a TSA agent in New York is $58,812.
What Is The Tsa Pay Scale For 2022?
The TSA is proposing a pay scale for 2022 that would range from $18,941 to $43,207, depending on the employee’s level of experience and training. The agency is also seeking a 30% pay raise for its officers, which would bring their salaries up to an average of $70,000 per year.
- How Much Do Tsa Agents Make In Los Angeles?: The average annual salary for a TSA agent in Los Angeles is $61660. However, the hiring process can take several months.
- How Much Do Tsa Agents Make In Nj?: The average annual salary for a TSA agent in NJ is $52409. Most agents earn between $31173 and $68883 per year.
- What Is The Starting Pay Per Hour For Tsa?: The starting pay per hour for TSA officers is $19.07.
- What Is The Pay Schedule For Tsa Employees?: The pay schedule for TSA employees is biweekly, with the official payment date of record being the Thursday following NFC’s biweekly payroll processing. However, the payment effective date may vary depending on the employee’s specific situation. For example, employees at duty posts outside the United States who are regularly scheduled to work on Monday may not receive their payments until the following Monday.
- What Are The Salary And Benefits Of A Tsa Officer?: The salary and benefits of a TSA officer are quite competitive. The salary range for full-time TSA employees is between $37,444 and $53,490 annually, and officers may be eligible for locality pay. In addition to their salary, TSA officers also receive a variety of benefits, including annual and sick leave, health benefits, and paid maternity and paternity leave.
In conclusion, TSA agents make a decent salary, but it is not as high as one might think. With the high stress levels and long hours, TSA agents are not compensated as much as they should be. However, they do receive some benefits, such as health insurance and retirement plans. If you are considering a career as a TSA agent, you should weigh the pros and cons before making a decision.